QuickBooks is one of the most modern accounting software programs available, with a plethora of capabilities for ensuring the safe and secure handling of financial information. One of the features that this software offers is the QuickBooks multi-user mode. It allows several people from various workstations to work on the same enterprise file. When you are unable to access a company file on a different computer, you will receive the error QuickBooks error H505.
What does the H505 error code in QuickBooks mean?
Error Code H505 indicates that the computer where the QuickBooks company file is stored requires extra settings, according to Intuit. When QuickBooks on the user’s computer is unable to connect with the other computer in the network that is hosting the company file, QuickBooks Error Code H505 appears. This error indicates that there are technical issues with the network setup, which are causing the connection between different workstations on the network to be disrupted.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code H505 in Intuit?
The cause of QuickBooks update error H505 is a missing company file on your computer.
- On the server hosting the company file, the QuickBooks Desktop program is set up incorrectly.
- The presence of a faulty or damaged.
- As a result of the failure of the ND file, the entire network is unable to access the QB company file.
- The connection between the machines in the network is being obstructed by the Windows firewall or a third-party firewall.
What Does Error Code H505 Mean in QuickBooks Desktop?
We’ve listed some indicators that can assist users to spot the QuickBooks network H505 error whenever it occurs.
- An active program window crashes when this happens.
- On the screen, there is an error notice.
- The windows begin to respond to mouse inputs slowly.
- At regular periods, the system freezes.
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code H505 is simple.
Method 1: Create a new folder for the company file.
- To begin, make a Replacement folder on the hosting machine.
- Then, for sharing firm files, share the original folder and Windows access permissions.
- Copy the.qbw file to the newly created folder in multi-user mode.
- You can now access the Company file.
Method 2: Configure Computers for Proper Hosting
- Open QuickBooks on your Workstation and, under the File menu, select Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration from the Utility option.
- Now open QuickBooks on the server that holds the company file and go to Files -> Utilities and select Host Multi-User Configuration.
- Try to open the company file again after restarting both the Server and the Workstation.
Method 3: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Follow the steps to download QuickBooks file doctor to resolve issues with QuickBooks multi-user hosting error H505 and gain easy access to company data.
The multi-user problem can be fixed with QuickBooks File Doctor, as well as the H-series errors (including error code H505).
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 1935: How to Fix It?